Welcome to HIST380 - the Late Middle Ages! Here's a quick reference on how to get started in the course.
- Look through the Schedule
- This tells you not only what is due when, it also has convenient links into the online reading materials. If there's one single page that guides you through the course, this is it.
- Required Books
- Read this first! You should read it before the semester begins, as it's where you will find what books you need to buy. You have to buy two.
- Read the Assignments page
- This isn't when things are due; rather, it describes the requirements for each of the assignments. This is vital, both for discussion and for the term paper.
- Read the Study Guide
- I cannot emphasize this enough. You don't have to read it right away, but you do need to read it within the first week or two. All of it. I hold you accountable for all the information there; it's part of the Syllabus. You should not only read it, but you should plan to review it once or twice during the semester.
- Go to the Discussion Board
- The course readings are outside of Blackboard, but I have yielded to the pressure and discussion takes place within Blackboard. Sorry. Read the introductory messages for each of the forums there.
- Resource Room
- This is an extensive bibliography for the course. Visit here when you feel like it, but definitely before and after you choose a topic for your term paper.