This is your main reference point for all the administrative aspects of the course: what's required, due dates, grading, and so on. I will assume that you have read and understood everything on this list, so if you have a question, ask. I prefer you post syllabus-related questions to the Student Lounge, so everyone else can read my reply, but you may also email me directly.
NB: the Syllabus is not official until the beginning of the course.
- Scope of the Course
- What the course covers chronologically, geographically, and thematically.
- Required Books
- Three physical books, plus online reading
- All the assignments and their requirements. For due dates, consult the Schedule.
- Course Schedule and Due Dates
- This page contains all assignments with their due dates, arranged in a week-by-week schedule.
- Study Guide
- I keep one Study Guide for all my courses. It's fairly extensive and I expect you to read all of it.
- How I grade, and the points for each assignment.